Monday, September 21, 2009

Warning!




Remember that old Betty Davis line and her husky,  blasé  voice as she entered her soiree and warned “fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy ride?”
Not so of my Delta/NW flight.  It was a long flight to Minnie, but I did have my choice of Peanuts, Pretzels or Cookies.  Shud’da had the peanuts for the protein, but I took the pretzels for the carbs and a Virgin Bloody Mary straight up!  There will be a mini-compact, el cheapo car waiting for me at GR to whisk Earle and me to San Chez Bistro and then to our respective lodgings.  I’m sitting on needles and pins with anticipation to witness all 1262 works of art.  The cool thing is it’s all contained in a 3-mile radius and within walking distance. And when one of my 8 pairs o’ packed shoes start pinching, we’ll have the ArtReach shuttle option that makes a circuit of the venues at regular intervals.   Maybe they’ll even roll out the Blue carpet!