Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Table for two, please.

If we were driving to Grand Rapids, we'd pass through Twin Falls, Salt Lake, Laramie, Lincoln, Omaha, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Chicago, Kenosha, our final destination and all those little American heartland towns in between. But we're not. So I will miss seeing some of those towns along the way - many of which I've never seen. If I had the time, I'd do it and take my time so I could do the Jane and Michael Stern road trip - stopping at all the famous little eateries along the way. Darn! But I'll still be getting my three squares a day and many of the days will be at our host venue, San Chez Bistro. Looking at the menu is almost like reading an issue of Saveur magazine; I may even forget what else I'm supposed to be doing in GR. Take the first appetizer (entreme) on the menu: Pan a la Plancha - a grilled baguette with a tomato and garlic rub and olive oil - served with either manchego, serrano or white anchovies. Mmmmmm, mmm! I'm a huge anchovy fan. Nuff said.

No comments: