Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Everything from A to Z

I love this one. It's hard to know the artist's intent on this arborglyph. Was his name Angel Zuniga or perhaps it was Alejandro Zurburan? I'll never know, I guess. Or maybe he was just summing it all up - everything from A to Z.

I've been thinking about my feelings about ArtPrize and the great support and encouragement we've received. I am very, very excited, don't get me wrong, but I'm feeling a bit intimidated, humbled and awkward, too.

You see, the good people of Grand Rapids have stepped up to welcome the out of town artists by graciously offering their homes for this eighteen day event. Earle and I have both been invited to stay as guests with families while we're there. I'm just overwhelmed by the generosity and hospitality of Deborah, Tom and Meegan in welcoming complete strangers into their homes. Which makes me think more deeply about what kind of hospitality and welcome immigrants receive when they arrive in this foreign land we all call home. Probably everything from A to Z.

No comments: