Thursday, September 17, 2009

Knock, Knock

Earle and I have been so very fortunate in securing venues for our exhibition. I think because the work addresses issues of immigration, it resonates with people and quietly challenges the viewer to consider their personal ancestral immigration story. After our show at the Rosenthal I took on the task of investigating additional venue opportunities. Besides the obvious choices, I researched venues with interests in immigration and Latin studies. Well, I did the same for Grand Rapids two days ago. Grand Valley University offers a Latin Studies minor, there is a robust and vital Hispanic Center in the city and the GR museum is currently featuring an exhibition on immigration. I sent off an email to all three yesterday offering a conversation about our work, and 2 of the 3 came back with enthusiastic and positive replies yesterday. Cool Beans!

photo: Jan Boles

No comments: