Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Three hours to go!



San Chez Bistro occupies the ground level of this building and we're  installing our work in the entry in front of the vast expanse of windows on the right half.
We worked till we nearly dropped last night and then we headed to the Hobby Lobby for some install incidentals.  My GPS gal, Gretchen,  is beginning to annoy the heck out of me. "You are now off track, turn left at  Suchandsuch Street and make a U-turn.  Proceed right.  Blah, Blah, Blah."   But she got us to the midwest's crafter's paradise eventually,  we found what we needed and dropped it all back at San Chez so it would be ready for us in the morning.   I was so tired I headed back to Tom and Deborah's and we chatted. She made me popcorn.  The night I arrived she made me the best cinnamon toast.  She and Tom have been really wonderful at making me feel at home - plus we've had some good hard outright prolonged laughter which is one of the best things in the world, if you ask me.

We have three hours to get'r done today and Ric will be back on board to hep us pull it off.
He has been busy helping several artists hang their work.   He told us a real tear jerker yesterday about an artist he's helping whose art is stuck in Atlanta.   Everything has to be hung today by noon, so we're keeping our fingers crossed for her.  Can you even imagine?