Friday, September 4, 2009

No eating off this floor


So, the cutting is done and it's time to clean up the disaster that struck my studio while cutting an additional 16 tree panels and 22 canopies to expand the show. A roll of paper is 36 feet long and yields 3 trees or 7 canopies. When the scraps piled up on the floor, I'd sweep them into little piles. Then when I got sick of all the little piles along the border of the room, I gathered them together and tossed them into an industrial size waste can. I kept my used #11 exacto blades in a plastic container with a lid and a small slot on the mantle. What used to be the living room is now a studio space. I call it a studio so I don't feel guilty that all my stuff is piled all over. Maybe I'll get it in shape before I leave for Grand Rapids. . . . . . . . .
Mm, maybe not.

No comments: