Thursday, October 22, 2009

From out of Nowhere!


No, I know those aren't aspens, they're tulips. 

And I thought we were  pretty much done. I'm really ready to rest, move on to something new.  We've been back in Boize-wah for over two weeks, the show closed at ISU and it's still a month till we take it to Lewiston and meet Ellen Vieth and her crew at Lewis and Clark College.  I never would've believed in a million years after Garth Claassen's generosity at C of I in January,  we would have the great fortune to take Immigrant Shadows on tour, of all things!


I mean, really, can you even fathom how lucky we are?   And now, suddenly, from out of nowhere, we have another one in Holland. (No not Europe, Michigan!) Which means we don't have to figure out how to get it packed and shipped 1800 miles in a crate that no longer exists!  At least for a while, anyway, and that's  a HUGE relief. The line, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings," has always pissed me off, but being built for comfort (not speed) and not being able to even carry a note in my new suitcase, does give a bit of superstitious credibility to that obnoxious little quip.  Read: I don't and I won't sing. Ever. Okay, I might hum a little bit, but that's it, and only in the car - alone - at night.